Welcome to 2019, FULL of resolutions, goals, & promises! Lose weight, Eat better, less wine, more push-ups – NO FUN… But what about that thought that sits in the back of your mind – that creeps up on you when you unpack your POSTMATES or GRUBHUB delivery, full of plastic bags, utensils, and styrofoam? Here’s some easy tips on setting mindful, minimalist goals to reduce and reuse and save the Earth from plastic pollution 🙂
- Go Bamboo. Use bamboo utensils – like these – to eat on the go, at work, or in restaurants that use plastic. These are super easy to wash – are dishwasher safe and are perfect for adding a glass or metal straw. The handy carrier is made of RPET (recycled water bottles) and are quite a statement piece. Awesome gift, too 🙂
- Make a request. Request use of minimal plastic in your delivery and to-go containers. Simple, use your bamboo utensils instead of the plastic ones in the bag!
- Bring your own condiments. Did you know ketchup packages can’t be recycled? Nope. None of them can. Carry your own in a super small cool Tupperware or reusable container to cut down waste.
- Skip the meat. Try something new. We aren’t saying to quit eating meat, just try to cut down. Only veggies & fruits before noon? Meatless Monday? You decide. Just one meal makes a HUGE difference on the environment.
- Walk. Yeah, I said it. Hoof it to the store, the library, or bar.
Here’s to easy steps to doing good in your hood! For more info – check out —> www.hillcrestwaterbugs.com